As the population of the elderly continues to grow, more and more people need access to healthcare services. That is why the demand for healthcare workers is also rising, especially nurses. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of available nursing jobs is expected to grow by about 16 percent by 2024 and with the number of nurses expected to leave the workforce in the next few years, it is projected that there will be more than 1 million unfilled job openings for nurses by 2024.
The nursing shortage has become a common concern in the healthcare industry nowadays. The reason why providers of medical staffing in Connecticut have also stepped up their game is to keep up with the changing demands in the healthcare workforce and to accommodate the staffing needs of every healthcare agency.
So if your healthcare agency is also struggling with nurse shortage, here are some solutions that you can implement:
- Use an onboarding program to make new nurses feel they are welcome.
- Provide some incentives to encourage behaviors that you want to see from your nurses.
- Offer flexible schedules to accommodate the personal and professional needs of your nurses.
- Invest in long-term training and professional development so your healthcare firm can provide quality nursing services.
- Convert current nurses into recruiters and compensate for referrals and consider availing services like healthcare staffing in East Hampton, Connecticut.
We at Quality Nursing Services LLC are the ones you can trust when it comes to providing you with exceptional and reliable staffing solutions. If you wish to know more about our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Leave a Reply